UGC NET Exam is a computer based test having multiple choice questions
- The exam has two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. The combined exam duration for Paper 1 and Paper 2 is 180 minutes. Candidates are free to move and attempt any paper or question in this 3 hours. Each question carries 2 marks and there is no negative marking in any of the papers.
- Paper 1 is same and compulsory for all candidates. It tests teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Each unit gets equal weightage: 5 questions and 10 questions from each section/unit. So, the total marks for Paper 1 is 100.
- Paper 2 is based on the subject chosen by the candidate (Management). It tests candidate’s in depth knowledge and expertise in the respective subject. There is a total of 100 questions and each questions is of 2 marks. Each unit gets equal weightage: 10 questions and 10 marks from each section/unit. So, the total marks for Paper 2 is 200.
- UGC NET will be conducted in Online mode.
- All the questions in UGC NET are of Multiple Choice type (MCQs). Where each question has 4 options.
|Paper1||50||100||Total time: 3 hours.
Shift 1: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Shift 2: 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM